A good selection of hot meals and sandwich options are available in school everyday for all children from Reception to Year 6.
Foundation Phase (Reception – Year 2) hot dinners are a choice of two meals where dinner money should be paid in advance via the online payment system or via the payment machine located in the foyer in the Main Reception area. The cost of a Foundation Phase meal is £2.40.
Key Stage 2 (Years 3 – 6) hot dinners are a choice of two meals are available each day. In addition, a choice of sandwiches and jacket potatoes are also on offer. All school meals must be paid for in advance, as above.
The standard of food is excellent with a healthy choice of foods on offer. A vegetarian choice is also available. The cost of a junior meal is £2.40.
Pupils may alternatively bring a packed lunch, if they wish. Drinks should be cold and should be kept in a reusable plastic bottle. For health and safety reasons, cans and glass bottles are not permitted in school.
Please note, school meals are organised and provided by the Local Authority. As a school, we are the facilitators and therefore, we do not have access to pupils’ school meal accounts. The Local Authority administers the collection of money via a machine in the foyer or via the online payment system (every child has a pin number).
Any concerns or queries, should be directed to the relevant department in the Council.
Please click here for the 2 Week Temporary School Dinner Menu 2020
Free School Meals
Your child is eligible to receive free school meals (in maintained schools in Wales) if you or your child receive the following…
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit – providing you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please click on the link to Free School Meals application form.