A good selection of hot meals and sandwich options are available in school everyday for all children from Reception to Year 6. School dinners need to be ordered via the ParentPay system in advance. It has to be done at least the night before as the system does not accept orders on the day. If you child has ordered a meal and then is subsequently off sick etc please remember to cancel the dinner or you may be charged for the meal.
Reception to year 6 hot dinners are a choice of two meals. In addition a choice of sandwiches and jacket potatoes are also on offer. The cost of a meal is £2.40.
The standard of food is excellent with a healthy choice of foods on offer. A vegetarian choice is also available. The cost of a junior meal is £2.40.
Pupils may alternatively bring a packed lunch, if they wish. Drinks should be cold and should be kept in a reusable plastic bottle. For health and safety reasons, cans and glass bottles are not permitted in school.
Please note, school meals are organised and provided by the Local Authority. As a school, we are the facilitators and therefore, we do not have access to pupils’ school meal accounts.
Any concerns or queries, should be directed to the relevant department in the Council.
Please go to www.parentpay.com to log on to your child’s account and view the menu.
Free School Meals
Your child is eligible to receive free school meals (in maintained schools in Wales) if you or your child receive the following…
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit – providing you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please click on the link to Free School Meals application form.