If you are concerned about a child
If you have concerns or believe that a child is at risk of being harmed or neglected, please contact Single Point Of Access (Children’s Social Care) as soon as possible on 01978 292039 during office hours. Out of Hours, the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted on 0345 053 3116.
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, you should call the Police on 999 immediately.
Other countries have seen a rise in domestic abuse and violence during COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. In the UK, it was reported that in the first two weeks, the National Domestic Abuse Helpline had a 25% increase in calls compared with the previous fortnight.
Where there is domestic abuse, there is a high correlation with emotional harm to children.
For information and support on domestic abuse, contact:
- Police: Call 999 press 55 when prompted if you can’t speak
- Refuge UK wide 24-hour helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Welsh Women’s Aid Live Fear Free 24 hour helpline: 0808 80 10 800. Text and online chat is also available.
- Wrexham Domestic Abuse Safety Unit (DASU): 01978 310203
- Men’s Advice Line. Freephone 0808 8010327